This blog is a subsidiary of THE POLITICS BLOG. For up to date news and commentary, please visit THE POLITICS BLOG

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tribute to Jon Gan


Photos by Benjamin Ong from his blog

Jonathon Gan, a friend of mine in VI, passed away last week after a couragoeous fight with brain cancer. Although I did not know him that well, I still feel sad for him. A scout from the First KL Scout Group, he shared an intense rivality with my former scout group, the 2nd KL Scout Group (or fondly known as the VSG).

Perhaps who I am sad for isn't him. He has moved on. He is in another divine land, probably enjoying himself. For who I feel sad for, perhaps, are his parents. His mother stayed so optimistic throughout her ordeal, clinging on what little hope she had. She said that Jon would be doing Science Stream subjects, and even insisted that he sat for his PMR exams last year. His mum selected his subjects, trying to be as optimistic as possible.


Again, I commend Ben on 'his best photo yet' from his blog

Rest in peae Jon. We will always remember you.

Victor Ching,
Your Friend

2 comments:

5xmom.com said...

Tks for the link. So sorry to hear about yr friend. May he RIP. If you know his mom, do pass her this link.
http://myhealingpath.net/

BTW, my son in Form Two blogs too. But studies took up more time so he doesn't post so often too.

vchi said...

5xmom ~chanlilian.net: No problem, thanks for visiting my blog.
Really? What school does your son go to?