This blog is a subsidiary of THE POLITICS BLOG. For up to date news and commentary, please visit THE POLITICS BLOG

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Goals

Goals for remaining 2006

1. Get 6As (straight As) for all my subjects.

2. Get the University Exhibition for Indonesian (Best student in state)

3. Get the Indonesian and English Prize

4. Practise badminton and hope to make firsts next year

5. Complete Chopin's Etude 25 No 11 and 9 (Winterwind and Butterfly) for the Will Upson Award

6. Finish mugging and rerevising SATIRE and other common combinations

7. Prepare for LMUSA (Liscenciate - Degree) in Performing for the Piano - This is to: 1. Show the school and those who doubted me that I am THE best pianist in the school and I am in no way INFERIOR to Adrian Khoo (who left last year, and for some reason, I remain in his shadow)
2. Show my parents that not only Aunty's son can have a Diploma at a age of 14:-"Wah you see Auntie's son so geng, pass grade 8 Violin and Piano and preparing for his Diploma in Performing for piano bla bla bla bla" (My calculations show that if I pass Liscenciate, I would be above all those 'competitors' - as I am 16 years old now)
3. Give my parents something to brag about: - "Wah you see people son like to brag so much, first thing get music scholarship call me... I suppose this is something to be about lorr...You leh?...." and then me at the telephone will roll my eyes...

You see children now so busy leh... Although we get more niceties than all the uncles and aunties last time, but we got much more pressure.

Singing off,
Victor Ching

1 comment:

fishtail said...

Thanks for the new add. Way to go, Victor!